Stay Safe Conferences: Prevention of teenage suicide and promoting positive emotional health and wellbeing for young people
Working alongside the Stay Safe Groups, Essex Safeguarding Children Board will be hosting conferences in February and March 2019 and we encourage you to attend in your local area to maximise networking opportunities.
Aims of the conference:
- Create understanding that it’s ok to talk about suicide
- Share the learning from the thematic review of teenage suicides in Essex
- Promote multi-agency working
- To develop confidence in working with young people who express suicidal ideation and understand how they can be supported
- Papyrus, a national suicide prevention charity, will be delivering a session on raising awareness of the steps to take to help prevent suicide
- Sharing learning from the thematic review of teenage suicides in Essex
- Essex Emotional Health and Wellbeing service will be presenting a session on how to manage risk with young people who are expressing suicidal ideation.
- Essex Educational Psychologists will deliver an interactive session on Ideas for working with young people to support and develop ways to help them cope with difficulties
The conferences will also cover areas such as:
- Young people and social media
- Young people’s voices
Important booking information:
- Booking a place at the conference does not guarantee a place – to ensure varied multi-agency representation at events ESCB will confirm your place at the conference at least a month prior to the conference via the email provided when you book.
- The conferences are free of charge to attend but cancellation of your place with less than 15 working days’ notice or non-attendance on the day of the conference will incur a £50 charge.
- If you are unable to attend, please email email@example.com as soon as possible. You can nominate an appropriate colleague to attend in your place up to 48 hours before the conference without incurring a charge.