The Essex Safeguarding Children Board (ESCB) is a statutory multi agency organisation which brings together agencies who work to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people in Essex. The Children Act 2004 required every local authority to set up a Local Safeguarding Children Board. The ESCB is Essex's response to this.
The aim of the Board is to improve outcomes for children by co-ordinating the work of local agencies to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and ensuring the effectiveness of that work. The ESCB works with Essex County Council, Essex Police, Essex Probation, Education Services, Health Services and the Voluntary Sector. We also do work with the Southend and Thurrock Local Safeguarding Children Boards.
ESCB Structure March 2016 – March 2017
ESCB Structure April 2017 – current
The work of the ESCB includes:
- Developing multi-agency policies and procedures for safeguarding
- Participating in the strategic planning of children’s services
- Communicating the need to safeguard and promote the welfare of children to professionals and the public
- Conducting Serious Case Reviews when a child dies or is seriously harmed and abuse or neglect is suspected
- Ensuring procedures to ensure a coordinated response to unexpected child deaths
- Collecting and analysing information about all child deaths that occur in the area to identify issues of concern
- Providing multi-agency training and development to staff on safeguarding children
If you would like to receive the ESCB Bulletin please email: email@example.com
Working Together to Safeguard Children 2015
Children Act 2004